I was trying to search for an old post about body image, given the events of Lady Gaga at the Super Bowl and I stumbled upon this post!
Written almost 5 years ago. As I was skimming through it, I sure have not changed much and you know what? I ain't even mad about it.
It's raw, it's me and I don't even remember writing it.
This...this is why I have this blog.
So one day I can go back and remember those moments.
So I have stories to tell my children and amazing memories to look back on.
Highlights of where I haven't changed at all.
- that I wear my heart on my sleeve
- that I have intense anxiety
- that I eat ketchup on mac n' cheese
- that my puppy is my pride and joy
- that I'm a major homebody
- that the beach is my happy place
- I can cry at the drop of a hat when something tugs at my heart
- I am extremely insecure
- My faith is important to me
- I can be selfish
- Still don't like red meat
- I'm a hopeless romantic
- I want to be a storm chaser
- It takes a lot for me to open up and actually tell you what's on my mind. When I do, that's huge.
- Still have a physical planner I write everything down in
- I'm scared of the dark (don't judge me)
- technology fascinates me (kind of funny given I still have a planner - insert eye roll)
- showers still make me happy, but I hate having to dry/fix my hair
Things that have changed!
- I'm not as obsessed with red wine. I've really opened up my alcohol preferences (not sure if this is good or bad...)
- I don't watch nearly as much reality TV anymore, if any. Teen Mom is about the only thing I still watch
- I don't think I talk in my sleep as much, if at all. But Gizmo can't tell me if I do, so who knows! I just don't wake up from it now.
- I never make my bed anymore! It is always ready for me.
- Since my divorce, I don't think I'm as trusting. Seem to always wait for the shoe to drop. Always keeping a distance
- I have now lived in 6 states :)
- I have tattoos
- I no longer want to be a country singer... sad day, I know.
Things I could add:
- I more guarded than I used to be (I would say cold hearted, but that just sounds like I'm a bitch)
- My priorities in life have shifted a bit (work/life balance. I never want to miss something because I put work before my family)
- I've learned to accept I may not be a mom in the way I have always wished
- I have started embracing my insecurities instead of letting them control me
- I hope to make rehabbing furniture a fun side business
I'll think of more the second I hit publish, but I'm excited to see what the next 5 years brings!