Music Notes

About a year ago, I got a tattoo on my write of two music notes.
And it wasn't until recently, that anyone has really asked why.
I wear my watch on the same wrist and usually bracelets, so it's not super noticeable.
Regardless, when I was asked, I didn't really have a full answer for them.
But, the more I thought about it, the more I understood why.
It wasn't an impulse thing.
I've wanted a music tattoo for a while, I just didn't know where.
No, music is not my profession, it's not something I'm exceptionally good at, and it's not my life.
But it is important to me.
I've grown up with music, played a few instruments and have been singing for 20 years.
My dream would be working in the music business industry.
Not to shine in front of crowds and singing concerts every week, but behind the stage making it all happen.

Music is an amazing thing.
It can take you to places you never knew.
It can bring you back to moments you'll never forget.
Help mend a broken heart and make you smile or laugh like you never thought.
Every song, every note, every beat has a meaning.
Someone wrote the words from an emotional place and they mean something.
I love how you can tell someones mood by the songs they are listening too.
How you can get lost in the words, singing in your car or running to the beat.



That's why I got it.
It's a constant reminder that at any moment, hearing any song, your whole world can be turned upside down.
There are songs I just can't even listen to because they bring back memories I don't want to remember.
There are songs that I wish could be added to the soundtrack of my life and played daily.
There are songs that can express how I'm feeling more than I could ever express in my own words.

Music is in my heart.
There is rarely a time when I don't have a song in my head, singing along or moving to the beat.
It's in me whether I'm meant to shine with it or not.

It doesn't have to have words, it doesn't have to make sense to everyone.
That's part of what I love about it.

To each person it can mean something different and that is amazing in itself.
It's a beautiful gift and talent and I'm super jealous of those who can write and compose music.

I have a lot of dreams in life and lately I've learned that planning for those dreams really is pretty stupid.
I can seize opportunities when they come my way and I can work hard at what I want, but at the end of the day, it's not always my choice.
The music industry is where I'd be my happiest.
Surrounded by amazing talent, helping to promote them or set up concerts.
Working on records or booking talent.
I would love to help represent and push those to shine through their talents.
Maybe someday...

But for now, I'll keep the reminder that music can change you.
It can completely stop you in your tracks, make you burst into tears, laugh uncontrollably, and remember moments you thought you'd forgotten.
It's a beautiful gift and an amazing blessing.


Comments