Best Friend Get Away

It's weird because majority of the vacations I think about or remember are with my family.
I've been all over the world, but never was a 'spring break' girl.
Every spring break I went with my family and our friends to wherever my parents decided to go.
I think we've been to most states and out of the country once or twice.
As little as I remember about childhood and majority of those vacations, one of things I do remember is they were always fun.
Jam packed full of energy and constant stimulation.
Laughing, eating, swimming, and most cares were out the window.

I haven't taken many vacations without my parents.
Is that weird?
I'm almost 30 and I could count the few vacations I've taken without them.
I wouldn't have it any other way, though. I love my family. They are my best friends.

I say all of this because I spent a week in Hilton Head, SC with Molly back in October.
And it was such a grown up vacation. LOL
We just did what we wanted and hung out.
We basically could have done everything there...at home, but it was way more fun somewhere else ;)

It was a much needed healing weekend for both of us.
We slept in, ate junk food, drank all day, laid on the beach, by the pool, and just relaxed in each other company.


Rum buckets by the pool!

Zip lining :) 


My run on the beach 


The cutest wine shop in Charleston, SC

Dolphin watching boat trip!


Delicious cheese tray!!


Speakin Easy play in Charleston!

I could live on the beach forever... it is the most peaceful place on earth to me.

I know I really needed this vacation and while I'm not sure I was the best of company, I know that Molly understood and just stood by me and took it all in.  
Yeah, I know this is a super late post, given my vaca was like 4 months ago, but it was a much needed break from blogging.

Now I really want to go back to the beach!! 



Comments