My Reading List as of Late

I have been in hardcore reading mode the last few months or so. I think I've gone through 4-5 books in the last few weeks and I love it!
I wish I had an entire day each week dedicated to reading.
I get lost in books.
I love them so much!
I find myself feeling and experiencing what the characters are and I am that sad moping girl who comes to the end of a book and feels like her world just ended.
Of course, I am the cliché of loving romance novels. They are easy reads and I'm a hopeless romantic.
I love books I can laugh out loud.
I love books that challenge me and make me think.
I love interesting books that deal with tough topics and test morals and truth.
Jodi Picoult is a great author for that kind of thing.
And lately, I've been obsessed with reading books that are now in theaters.
It is true that the book is always better, so I like to read them before the movie spoils them :)
My reading list from the last few months are as follows:

Elizabeth Smart - My Story
I highly recommend this book. I know her story was all over the news and you may think you know, but you definitely do not. This girl is a saint! She is one of the strongest women I think I've ever read about. The things she went through are incredible and it is amazing how she has succumb to life now and pushed that negative energy into something positive.

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover
I got this book from a blog I follow. It was on her summer reading list and it sounded really interesting. It did not disappoint. It's amazing how we can go through life and not know a single thing about who we are; until one day it all comes flooding back .

The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty
There was a lot of hype about this book between reviews and blog posts. The author jumps from the characters, so I recommend finishing a chapter before you put it down for a bit. But still a good one. I've never heard of the author, but I do believe I'll be checking out other books she's written. You definitely are surprised in this one and it makes you think about what you'd do. I like that. Controversial books are always fun reads!

If I Stay - Gayle Forman
Definitely read the book before the movie. The movie doesn't do it justice. The book keeps you interested and wondering what's next; almost feeling every emotion of the characters. That's the best part. It's as if you've joined the family and are right there experiencing it all. Love when books do that!

The Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks
I am a sucker for romance novels! I live vicariously through them... and Nicholas Sparks knows how to write them.

One Hundred Names - Cecelia Ahern
This one took me a bit to get into, but once I did I loved it! Really interesting take on life and how we are all interconnected.

Leaving Time - Jodi Picoult
Now this one, I could not put down! Jodi Picoult usually writes about more controversial topics. What I like is that you can't always predict how it'll end. This one is completely different than her other books. Not in a predictable way, but a very unpredictable way! I can't say too much, but the underlying story of elephants is pretty fascinating. Definitely a must read!

The Silent Sister - Diane Chamberlin
I found this one on a top books of 2014 list! I started reading it and was immediately captured. It has some great twists and turns in it, but in the best way possible!

Currently reading - What Alice Forgot - Liane Moriarty
I'm only a few chapters into this one, but it's pretty funny. I'm interested to know where it's going to go and I think I'm going to love it!

I have about 5 more downloaded on my kindle, but haven't started them yet. I'll keep you posted!
If none of these strike your fancy here are a few I have yet to read, but have heard great reviews!

- Prisoner B-3087 - Alan Gratz
- Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn
- Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin
- The Time of My Life - Cecelia Ahern (One of my favorite authors)
- The Slight Edge - Jeff Olson
- Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls - David Sedaris

Now go....cuddle up with a blanket and a cup of coffee/tea/wine and get lost in a book for a bit!

Comments