Molly and I spent a week in Hilton Head, SC and a day in Charleston, SC.
While in Charleston, we were having a drink on a roof top bar admiring the view and both thinking about where our lives were, where they'd been, and potentially where they were going.
We've both had our fair share of heartache over the past year and we both tend to deal with it in similar ways.
This vacation was a way out.
A time to get away from reality, spend some time by ourselves and heal.
Time to let things go, remember we are blessed and that sometimes it's nice just to sit in silence, but know you have the full support of your best friend at the drop of a pin, if needed.
I say this because she was looking at Facebook and came across this article.
29 Signs you're doing just fine even if it doesn't feel like it.
I think we both needed a bit of a reassurance, so we dove in to read it and while I've just listed the items below, I encourage you to read the full article, here, and get more descriptive reasons why.
It opened my eyes and helped me see that I really am doing alright, even though it hasn't always felt that way lately.
Hopefully this helps you know that life is full of ups and downs! (wow, if you haven't heard that a million times in your life), but it's true... I've learned you really just don't know what's next and while that can be absolutely the scariest thing ever; it can always be really exciting... and you just have to embrace what's thrown at you and the decisions you make.
They may not always be the right ones, but I do believe that we are shaped by our reactions to those decisions and experiences regardless if they are good or bad.
It opens with this quote, "Happiness is not the absence of problems, but the ability to keep things in perspective and deal with them."
And I agree. Life can truly suck at times, but your happiness shouldn't be based on those crappy lows... you have to be able to pick yourself back up and put everything in perspective.
1. You have the freedom to live your life the way you want to live it.
2. You are courageously walking your own path.
2. You are making difficult decisions and acting upon them.
4. You are working hard for people and causes you believe in.
5. You are choosing to be happy in your own way.
6. You see obstacles in from of you because you are not settling.
7. You have made the best of some tough situations.
8. You have come a long way.
9. You haven't quit and you aren't planning on it.
10. You do your best to accept what you can't change.
11. You aren't scared to fail forward.
12. You haven't let fear get in your way.
13. You still believe in the possibilities that lie ahead.
14. You dare to dream every day.
15. You have a vision for your future.
16. You haven't let the judgments of others stop you.
17. You are doing what you can with what you have.
18. You are doing your best to provide value.
19. You go out of your way to help people.
20. You aren't scared to express your love, openly.
21. You continue to make a difference.
22. You have enough right now to live comfortably.
23. You haven't let rampant materialism get the best of you.
24. You are reasonably healthy.
25. Your relationship are less dramatic than they used to be.
26. You have escaped from some very toxic relationships.
27. You know deep down that you are not alone.
28. You have great people in your life who are standing beside you.
29. You have a home.
Read it all. I promise, it won't disappoint and everyone can relate to a handful of these. It's uplifting and eye opening in a good way.