Clapping in Church

OK, this is not meant to offend anyone, but I always get frustrated when people clap in Church...
Whether it be when the kids sing, when the bell choir plays, when whoever does....well, whatever.
If it's something 'special' or out of the norm of the morning, it seems people think it should be applauded.

My idea of Church is mediation, connection, reflection, and a time with God.
Not a performance or need for approval.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I should just get over it, but for me, it takes away so much of what Church is and why we are there.

Yes, it's great when kids sing. It's cute, it's different, it's new, it's adorable. Ok, I get that.
But it's all a part of the service. It's all a part of showing our God given talents...

I don't consider myself an expert at Church and I don't even consider myself the best christian, but I do know that going to Church, isn't about performing.


I go to Church to reconnect with God. To lead others in Worship and to remind myself what life is about.
I get lost throughout the week, sometimes, and I love being able to go to Church and forget the things that have happened and leave them to God.
Not that I can't do that during the week, but I find more peace in the pew of a Sanctuary.

That's my rant for the day. This just happens at my Church a lot and while, yes, it's great, whatever group that has sang or done something, they did well, I just don't know if Church is the right place to be applauding. It's take away from the atmosphere and brings us all into this 'performance' mentality and that is not what it should be about...

Peace lovelies! Hope you all have had a great weekend! :)


Comments