By 30, you should have...
1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you've come.
-- I'm not sure about the boyfriend to go back to, I don't have the best track record, but I definitely have one who reminds me of how far I've come.
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
-- Check, Check!! Did that at 24. Boom!
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams want to see you in an hour.
-- Umm...have ya seen my closet? I'm gonna go with yes, even though when that time came, I'm be a total nervous wreck, saying I don't have anything to wear.
4. A purse, a suitcase, and an umbrella you're not ashamed to be seen carrying.
--Check, check, and check (polka dots, yeah!)
5. A youth you're content to move beyond.
6. A past juicy enough that your looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
-- Sadly, I was never the 'wild child', so I don't have that juicy of a past. Still got 3 years though, right?!?! lol never gonna happen...
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age -- and some money set aside to help fund it.
-- I'm OK with this.
8. An email address, a voice mailbox, and a bank account -- all of which nobody has access to but ou.
-- check, check, check
9. A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded.
-- I haven't worked on my resume in like 3 years. I've had more than my fair share of jobs, so I could probably leave out the fluff, so sure!
10. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
-- I am extremely blessed to have two incredibly amazing girls who allow me to do both :)
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
-- 2 sets of screwdrivers, NO to the cordless drill, and what girl doesn't, right?
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
-- I'm not going with ridiculously expensive, but I'll definitely admit I have something expensive just because.
13. The belief that you deserve it.
-- Still working on this one. Daily battle...
14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine, and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don't get better after 30.
-- Yes, yes, and it's questionable.
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better.
-- I'm gonna go with yes on all the above.
By 30, you should know...
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
2. How you feel about having kids.
-- It will be one of the, if not the, best day of my life.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
-- I think I can handle quitting a job, not exactly the best at break ups, and I can handle confronting a friend. Good thing my friends are amazing and I don't need to confront them about anything :)
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
-- Sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing between the two
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn't like to happen next.
-- I would hope so
6. The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, and the best tailor in town.
-- WOW...no, no, and I don't know the name, but I know where they are!! lol
7. How to love alone, even if you don't like to.
-- THIS has never been an issue. I love living alone :) Don't get me wrong, I love being around my family and friends, but I need my "me" time.
8. Where to go -- be it your best friend's kitchen table or a yoga mat -- when your soul needs soothing.
-- Think it depends on what kind of soothing I need, but yes to any situation :)
9. That you can't change the length of your legs, the width of your hips, or the nature of your parents.
-- Still learning this...
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it's over.
-- Who has a "perfect" childhood?? Really? Sadly, I barely remember much of mine at all, but the things I do were good, so I'm gonna go with blessed on this one.
11. What you would and wouldn't do for money or love.
-- Yes and yes
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.
-- TRU DAT!!
13. Who you can trust, who you can't, and why you shouldn't take it personally.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn't your fault.
-- Still not sure about this one...
15. Why they say life begins at 30
-- No idea
I'm headed out to the Cheesecake Factory (third year in a row lol) with my parents and Matthew tonight! Can't wait ;)
Tell me what's on your personal list of things to have and know, or even do, before turning 30?!?! I wanna know!!