Moments Shape Us

I'm a big believer that things happen for a reason.  People come into our lives for a reason, things, good and bad, happen to us for a reason, we are where we are for a reason. 
I also believe, that what we do with those opportunities when they present themselves, help   shape us to what and who we are now. 
And who we can grow into. 

I know I've written on this before, but I feel like it needs to be said, mainly because the blog world is a special place.  I never thought that I would ever allow my life, (and I know I still hold back), to be out there for the world.  
I never thought I'd meet amazing women who share the same moments in life, just in different zip codes.  
I never thought that I would be able to connect, share thoughts, and be understood by so many people I've never met before.  
I know I'm still new to this world.  
I know I haven't made solid connections, but I also know that it's changed my life for the better. 
I know someday God will connect me with more friends.  
Friends I can talk to on the phone, friends I can visit on the weekends, friends I will forever share amazing experiences with. 

I think I forget how precious life is sometimes.  I'll put things off or wait till another day, or blow it off because I don't think it's that important.  But at the same time, it might be the only chance I get.  
There aren't always second and third chances in life.
And when those chances happen, I hope you take that as a true blessing and do everything you can to make it worth while. 

I was born to my parents for a reason.  
There is a reason we've gone through what we have and continue to go through.  
There is a reason for how our relationships have been, are, and will be.  
It can tough, but it's part of life.  
It's a matter of realizing what's important and cherishing that.  
Spending time and connecting with someone is way better than dwelling over something that you can't change.  
You can't always control life.  
Isn't the saying, plan your life and God will laugh? Yeah, I tried that.  
I thought I'd have this seven year plan, and I'm probably about 5 years into that plan and not where I thought I'd be.
And I've accepted that. I'm OK with it. 

My family moving to different states, my college, my job, my relationships....all these things have touched my life and made me grow into who I am.  
I know it can be said plainly, but I like remembering because it brings me back to reality.  That I can't control everything (I'm super high strung you all! Matthew is the exact opposite! He brings me back to earth lol). 
That sometimes you just have to give people time.  
We chose our actions and our reactions.  
But we can't choose others...so, it's a patience/waiting game.  
When that person is ready, when God finally touches there heart to forgive, let go, move forward and be truly happy for someone.
That's when peace comes.  




Every moment teaches us a lesson that only we can learn.  It may mean something totally different to someone else, but it's a lesson nonetheless. 
I wouldn't trade anything in the world for my peanut.  I bought a condo and a puppy in the same week and it's, hands down,  one of the best decisions I've made.  
I love that I can be impulsive. Once I know what I want, why wait, right? 

I would be a totally different person if my family and I were living in New Jersey, Illinois, or Wisconsin, for that matter. 
My best friends would be totally different people.  
My relationships may have panned out  better? Harder? The same? 

If Beth never died, if my grandpa didn't die, if my best friend's dad didn't die...we'd all be different.  
Maybe not a whole lot, you may not even notice it, but we'd be different.  
Our souls would be. 
Our hearts would be...

God gives us free will, right?
But at the same time, don't you think he helps in those decisions? 
Of course, there are times you make the exact opposite decision God might want you to make, but he's still there, he's still trying to lead you on the right path, he's still always in your corner standing behind you. 


Have you ever thought what if? 
I don't want to be one of those people. I don't want to regret.
But, I do sometimes wonder back, thinking if I had made a certain decision, a different decision, or maybe didn't even make the decision...


Where would I be? 


I'm glad I am where I am and I'm excited for a future. 
I just want to make sure I make it the best.
No holding back.
No dreams dropped.
No opportunities lost.



Comments