Blogging Struggles

SO, I'm reading over here at Living in Yellow.
Daily read. If you haven't read her blog yet, wait till you have about a day to read it all, cause you'll want to read every. single. post.
She wrote about why she sucks at blogging, which is a total and complete lie, but it got me to thinking about why I blog and what I'm not doing.

Blogging is tough.  I got into it almost 2 years ago and I think in the last 6-10 months, I've really gotten into more of a 'grove'.
More of me, more of what I want to write about.
But, it's a daily struggle. It's hard to find the time.
Stupid excuse, yes, but I work full time, have another part-time job, that I want to be more full-time, I do a lot with my Church, I have a boyfriend I don't see often and take advantage of that time, a family, friends...oh yeah, and I am someone who NEEDS me time.

So, obviously, I have tons of time to sit and blog! Right?
I have tons of posts that are in the draft stage, and I carry a lot of ideas to write about.
I try to remember to take pics and capture moments. I have a horrible long-term memory and I want to be able to go back and remember these things. Have my family be able to see what I'm up to on a more personal, detailed, level, than a simple Facebook post.

I also love Twitter and Instagram (ashlife).  But, again I find it hard to consistently post.
Now, I do try to post WHEN I have something to post about.
No one needs to know exactly what I'm doing every second.
And I don't have the time to update that often.

So, I'm working on finding more time. Putting more into this blog.
I want to build more relationships.
I read blogs every day!
I love these girls. And some I feel like I know them like a friend, without even having met them.
Which hopefully someday I will :)

On top of struggling to find the time, I do sometimes struggle with what I'm writing.
I don't want my blog to be a gripe fest. I don't want it to be negative. That's not how I want to live my life.
But, there are times it's nice to get it out. Nice to see who can relate, because, let's face it, I am not the only one with my frustrations or 'issues'.

I've read many a blog where I find myself nodding as I'm reading because I absolutely, completely, understand what they are saying. And it makes me want to run to them and give them a hug.

I have 77 followers. 77! To many of you, that's nothing.
But to me? It's amazing! I didn't start this blog to get followers. I didn't even know if anyone would read it, but my family!
And I don't want to disappoint.
The one's over on the left? Click on them. Read them. Get to know them. And give them some love.
To you all? THANK YOU. Thank you for coming back to read what my jumbled mind puts in a post.
Thank you for your comments and putting yourselves out there as well.

Peace!

Comments

It is such a reassuring feeling knowing that all of us bloggers are in this together. With the same struggles and all.

You are doing a great job at this blogging gig. and 77 followers--darn right that's awesome. Heck. I was estatic when I had 12.

You have to do what works for you and your life. Blogging is a hobby to 99% of us and I think we tend to forget that sometimes and accidentally turn it into our life.

I love reading your posts so don't EVER stop. Or else ;)

Thanks for the shout out by the way. Totally not necessary but very appreciated. You are a gem.

xoxo
Rorie said…
Ohhh yay!! I hear you!! I remember when I got like my first five followers and I was like OMG, and now I am past 150!!

I looove your postsss!!