Facebook

I made the decision this past week, to not be on Facebook anymore. I don't want to deactivate my account, but I've found myself just not on it much at all. I use it for messaging a little, but I don't even search people much.  Maybe it's a time thing? Maybe I am just over it? I don't know. I rarely update my status anymore and I find myself on Twitter, blogs, and instagram.  Maybe I'll be over those in time? I don't know.  The thing is, not many people are on Twitter.  A few follow my blog, but Facebook is kind of that one place everyone from family to friends could keep up with my life. BUT then, like I said, I haven't updated my status much at all.

So, I'm going to see how it goes.  Try it out without it, it's not like I've missed it much because I haven't been on it.  I do have family that posts pictures of kids and updates on life that I want to keep up with, however, I want to be better about keeping in touch and keeping those close to me in my life, in other ways.  Like a phone call or simple text.  

I've been on the 'social media' train for a while. I love it.  I like the connections with new people, the idea of knowing what others are doing, seeing what's changed and new experiences.  It's like people watching without getting caught!  Now with blogging, I love being able to relate to other lives.  Here stories, experiences, situations and be able to connect with them.  Understand, offer a prayer or a laugh and at the same time, remember the memories I want to remember.  We all know I have a crappy memory, so this is a great place for that :) 

Maybe it's a bad decision and maybe I'l be back on Facebook 'full-time' in no time, but for now, it's time to put my attention on life.  So, you can catch me here ( on this 'ol here blog), I post pretty often, or here, if you have twitter, or email me (see link above).


   


Comments

Jamie said…
Sometimes you just need to step back and engage in REAL LIFE! I feel like this a lot.