Weekend Time

Every year, well the past 6 years, my parents have thrown a big Christmas party! I'm not exactly sure why they decided this, as they've never done it before, but I'm all for a party and some good times, so I'm not here to complain! It's grown to be this huge production over the years, and I LOVE that! It is too much fun helping plan, getting food schedules, booze, games, presents, invite lists, etc.
Every year we learn something new and everything we do something a little different! It's become well know though, and that's awesome. People talk about it for a while, they start asking early on when it'll be (Same weekend every year), and everyone's creative juices flow when it comes present time! haha
So, here's the deal.  It's a regifting party. Every been to one? You should. They are hilarious! You might have heard it called the white elephant? Dirty Santa? I think there are tons of different things it's called. 
BUT, everyone has that ugly something; their long lost family member they never talk to, in-law they don't particularly like, or whoever lol It's fabulous :)
So, I'm the MC. Yupp, I moderate the game, give out numbers, keep it flowing.  I have a loud voice, come on. My dad usually hooks up my old karaoke machine to the speakers lol it's awesome :) he rules! 
This year, I think was the biggest of all! We usually say one gift per couple, some gotta break the rules and bring two :) SO, we had 38! 38 gifts this year! It takes a while to go through because you can steal stuff, so everyone becomes a salesman to try and give their gift away! It's too funny lol and some of the things people bring?? We had some awesome one's this year!!
OF course, I am the worst at taking pictures, so you will get none of the gifts, at least not yet; think my mom might have a bunch...but you'll get a couple of my outfit and Matt and Molly! lol 
My Godparents and my godfathers brother and wife got to come this year! Down from Illinois and Wisconsin. And our awesome neighbors from New Jersey, who now live in Indy, moving to California lol got to come down as well! It was great!!
Friday night we all met up for pizza. Chelsie, Barret, and the monkey got to come too!! Saturday was spent running last minute errands and prepping for that night ;) Everything went great and everyone had a blast!! Was in bed by 2am! That's pretty good for these parties! HA 

Comments