Happy Birthday to Me!

Yupp! Today is my birthday.  26 years ago today at 10:33AM Central time, I made my glamorous entrance into this world! ……………….
LOL, sorry, I had to step away for a minute and catch my breath from my laughter! Glamorous??? WOW…I was born with one eye shut for probably a good day or two, so I looked like a one eyed sloth thing.  I was gross and covered in nasty baby goop, at least from the pictures I’ve seen…and I had a stink face on with all the bright lights and my guess I was freezing, cause I still am cold all the time.
Babies are SOOO not cute when they are first born! They are all squished and wrinkly and covered in NASTY goop, they probably smell like they’ve been a festering in there for NINE MONTHS!! Like someone who hasn’t showered in a few days/weeks/months. 
What’s funny is my sister and I were talking about this just the other day! LOL We both said we want that child cleaned up, whipped down, scrubbed raw before they are resting it on us! Haha
I bet she’ll change her mind when the little monkey comes next month, but really?? Do you actually get caught up in those moments and you don’t care your child is so gross that they could actually slip out of your hands from all those juices?? UGH I’m shuddering just thinking about it!
Now, don’t get me wrong, I have wanted kids since I knew what they were.  I adore them and I absolutely cannot wait to have my own.  I can’t wait to be pregnant and share that with someone. I can’t wait to go through all the stages of their life and watch them grow up.  I can’t wait for someone to call me mommy and tell me they love me.  I can’t wait to be responsible for this little creature in the world! And I can’t wait to spoil them when they deserve it, discipline them, teach them wrong from right, have a ball, laugh and giggle, and let them know that they are safe and protected and loved more than anything in this world.
I can’t wait for them to come to me with problems and concerns. I can’t wait to accept them and all their life decisions with open arms.  I can’t wait to learn how to communicate with them, support them, teach them silly things and let them know they are beautiful in God’s eyes forever.
Birthday’s for me stopped being exciting a few years ago.  I mean, it’s just not as much fun as you get older.  I can never think of presents and it really doesn’t matter to me.  I don’t even really get that excited.  It isn't about getting stuff, it's just a way to celebrate I guess. I love remembering the gift God gave me;life.  I wish I could spend it with everyone that I love and sometimes I wish people would really sit back and look at what a birthday is.  Look at what you might have missed out on in life if that person was never born!

This is the first year I woke up and was like, huh, just another day, but I guess it’s my birthday too lol  I just don’t get as excited as when I was younger...maybe because things are different.  It's not just about getting all your friends together, decorations, big productions, days of planning...

As you get older, you get, well, busy.  You find your friends have their own lives, many may live farther away, so it's not as easy to see them.  It's not about renting our skating rinks, having party favors and playing games...big cakes and tons of presents.
And it's not even about being able to be with those people that you really love...


I think I don't get as excited about birthdays because I don't want to find myself disappointed. I don't want to get my hopes up that something might happen, that a friend will mysteriously come home for a couple days, that everyone will get alone, that maybe you'd get that gift you wanted or feel special for the day, but for some reason it all kind of goes away a little bit each year.


I don't mean to sound depressing. I've never had a horrible birthday. I actually am extremely blessed because most of my birthdays growing up? I was on vacation.  I was on a beach somewhere or Disney World or Aruba or a Cruise.  I was visiting family and friends or another state I hadn't been to.  NO these were not trips FOR my birthday, our vacations with a close family to us, just always happen to fall on the week of my birthday.  Hey, I can't complain too much about it, right?


But then school gets crazy, you start getting a job, can't take off work...soon after you go to College, summer classes, lack of money lol, things just start to sort of drift away and you are left with just another day in life.  Another day to get up and go to work, another day of responsibilities, another day to try and show you are worthy of the life you've been given.


So, today was another day.  It was a day God said would change because there were going to be multiple births.  New life, new ideas, new challenges, new wonders, new leaders, etc.  It's a great day to celebrate me, or you :) but it's also a great day to say thank you to God.


Thank you for giving me live and believing in me so much to make a difference in the world.  To touch just one life...to show His love just a little bit more each day is a true blessing. 


So in about an hour and a half, it'll actually be just anther day.  It'll all be behind me and my journey of anther year begins.  What I should be asking, is what can I do in the next year to make a difference? Whose life can I touch? How can I show God's love through myself to others? How can I show forgiveness? Friendship? Love? Service?  How can I show others that every day is truly a gift.  That everyday we should be saying thank you.  Hugging those around us and trying to understand why certain people are in our lives.  How can we be accepting, how can we show respect and love?


I know, this totally turned into something else...surprise, surprise!! haha

I thank God for my parents and family, my friends who are my rocks, my boyfriend and his family and the blessings that I have everyday.  I'm a little older, a little wiser, but so incredibly blessed to be where I am at 26 years old.  I've created a life for me.  It's the only one I have and I want to make the most of it...

So, Happy Birthday to Me! :) Oh and a few others out there :) If it's your birthday today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Live it up and enjoy!

Comments