My Momma

You all.
I have searched this blog high and low and I cannot find a single post dedicated to my mom for her birthday, mother's day or just all around awesome mom day!
Now I've got like 400 posts, but still! 
She's mentioned in at least 85% of them, but none just for her! 
#awfuldaughter

So this one's for you momma!


My best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my student for technology, my fur baby caregiver, to bounce ideas off of, person to let me vent, who listens and comforts, supports and encourages me. 
Oh yeah and my wine drinking partner! 
The one who has been there for me through good and bad. 
The one who made and still makes sure I am happy, healthy, and taken care of when need be.
The one who said I could live forever at home no matter how old I am. (Can we talk about this one again? I'm totally over being responsible and adulting).


You have been and continue to be an amazing mom who I would be lost without. 
You make me laugh when I'm crying and you have so much love for your children, grandchildren, and entire family (blood or not). 




I find you in myself more and more everyday, which is a little scary, but I admire the woman you were and the one you've become. 
You're strong yet sensitive, stubborn and emotional and completely hilarious and ridiculous at times.

You've taught us how to be independent, even though that frustrates you at times. 
But I know you wouldn't have it any other way. 

You and dad have given us experiences not many ever have and for that I am so grateful. 
You'd do anything for us and I admire you.


While it's impossible to be a perfect mother, you were the perfect one for us and I want to thank you for all you've done and all you continue to do. 

You may not have always agreed with certain decisions we made in life, (what parent does?!), but you've always been there to support our dreams and ambitions.
Encourage us to learn and grown with each life choice. 
You let us fall when we needed to learn and were always there to pick us up, dust us off, and push us to be better the next time.


You were our carpool mom, cheerleader in the stands and the one to tuck us in at night. 
Our rock when we made all those moves to new states and began new adventures and our encourager when things got tough. 

You're my scary movie/haunting/paranormal partner in crime!! 
The reason my kindle has so many books on it and my shopping buddy.

You're throw a mean Christmas party!
Love to travel and can party like a rock star.

Your friends and family and number one in your life and you've shown me what's important in this world.
You're a great grammy and they adore you!

 

I'm blessed to be able to call you my mom and my friend.
We've had a lot of adventures thus far and I can't wait for more!

Thank you for all you've done and all you continue to do!!

I know your birthday was just a few weeks ago, so on top of this Mother's Day, we'll celebrate another year of your awesomeness in this world!

I love you!!!





Comments