Bring on the Next Chapter

So I may have been a little MIA lately...or for the last 4 months.
But I have reasonable explanations for that! #truestory

Let's get caught up, shall we?
I put my condo on the market August 1st and it sold August 3rd. Happy Birthday to me!
I was not expecting that, so it threw a bit of a wrench into my plans, but it's worked out in the end.

I've been contemplating since early summer, whether a big change was necessary in my life.
I've been complacent at work, to say the least, and have been itching for more challenge and responsibility for a while.
Really for that the past couple years, but given my personal life circumstances, work was one of the few constants I had in life and the only one that provided an income. 
Unfortunately, there is nowhere for me to go up in my current company, so the choice was easy to let go and move forward. 

It is time to take a leap and do something that challenges me, pushes me even further to my potential and opens even more doors of possibility.

On Christmas Eve, I'll be moving down to Nashville, TN.
I start a new job on Jan 4 and I am SUPER excited about it!

I definitely did not think this is where my life would be and at 30 years old I'd still be single and trying to find my niche in the business world, but God laughs at the plans we make for ourselves, right? and lately, I've just got to trust and do.

Luckily, all of this just seems right and I am overdue for some bold changes! 
I am scared to death, don't get me wrong. I am uprooting my entire life as I've known it for the last 19 years.
Louisville is the only city I've lived in longer in and I know it like no other.
To start learning things all over again somewhere else is scary, but exciting at the same time.
I can't wait!

Sadly, I am leaving behind a lot and that will be hard to say goodbye to.
I've got an amazing group of friends that I will miss dearly and a world of networks here that I can only hope to maintain in the future.


But it is so my time to shine somewhere and I hope that place is Nashville.
I will be a Operations Analyst, working for CLEAResult. An energy efficiency company that designs, markets and implements energy programs for utilities, residential and business energy customers. I'll be working on projects helping lower income families.

I am so blessed to be close to my family and they've all helped and are willing to help throughout this transition.
For one, my parents let me move back in with them once my condo sold! So I've been living back at home since September.
No words could ever say the proper thank you they deserve for that! 
And two, my sister lives in Nashville, so I'll be crashing at her place for a couple months, till I figure out where I want to live.
Score for so much extra time with my nephews!
**Hopefully I still feel that way in a few weeks :)

I am so ready for this next step and cannot wait to start! 

So the last few months have been moving and transitioning into my parents house and getting the rest of my condo into a storage unit, a family trip to Virginia Beach, interviews and trips to Nashville, wrapping things up at work, totaling my car(a post in itself), buying a new one, my parents last big Holiday party, Christmas shopping, and now packing up again to move to Nashville. 

More updates to come and more memories to write about before I forget, but for now, it was time to announce my big news!!  

Merry Christmas!!

Comments