New Relationships

So a close friend of mine, (I'm not naming names here, cause she'd probably die LOL), recently started a new little relationshiprelationship :) Yes, I know I said that word twice, it's OK. My friend totally gets it!So anyway, she started a new relationship maybe a month or so ago? Maybe a little longer, it all blurs together. But doesn't matter. My little dollface is in a relationship! Now, she's dated before, it's not like she's a hermit, but it's been a while since she had her little heart broken. Plus, she's kind of like me and a little TOO picky at times.
We tend to dissect guys and pick out the most immediate flaw and throw them to the wolves...I think we both grew up a little bit with that and stopped letting that be a deciding factor and letting someone potentially special to get away...
I love getting calls from her now, not that I didn't before, I mean we probably talk/text almost everyday...but now she has this little spark in her voice and a more bubbly understanding where her life is and where it's going. She's taking it in stride and letting herself become vulnerable to someone that she has taken a liking to! HAHA that was so southern, right? And I wasn't even born in KY. GO me for busting that out!
Anyway, when I hear her say that he thinks ahead and cooks her dinner, tells her beautiful things and how amazing she is, supports her in her life and work, wants to be out with her and show her off, do different things, travel with her; it melts my little heartheart (yup, I did it again, it'll be ok, just keep up). She deserves this, well every girl does really, but my best friends, I mean those girls that I would, without hesitation, jump in front of a bus for, deserve MORE than the best. They deserve the world! And I pray that they find someone who spoils them everyday, tells them they are beautiful every chance they get, that they love her; surprise her with things, or trips, or a nice quiet dinner...bring/send her flowers for no reason, understand her completely. Someone that can tell her moods, know how to cheer her up and say the right things at the right moments. Someone that fights with her fairly and accepts every one of her flaws, (not that any of them have any, but just in case he THINKS she does), and pretty much realizes that this person IS the best person in the world. That this girl you are standing in front of and potentially building a life with; you probably don't deserve. Treat her as though you won't find anything better; cause you won't trust me on that...
They deserve someone who won't forget, who will forever spend their lives trying to understand why God gave them this beautiful gift; spend everyday trying to prove to her that he does in fact deserve her...

I love hearing and seeing my friends happy. It makes my day and it makes me remember when I was at that point in a relationship. It's new and it's fresh; there is so much to learn and figure out about someone.
It sounds like they're building a partnership, working together to fit each others needs and understand what the other person wants and deserves. They are able to see each other as an individual and then figure out how that person can fit into their lives, whether it requires change or acceptance; they'll figure it out together. I love hearing that they seem to both take the others needs, concerns, interests, and goals into account to make their lives one. Now, I know this is early talk, I mean they aren't walking down the isle anytime soon, but it's an amazing feeling watching/hearing (she doesn't live here, none of my besties do :( ), that they have come to a mutual understanding already. That they have both tried to figure out a way to open up, lose the self consciousness, the judgements, and just let each other be in each others lives...
They are still learning how each other lives, how their schedules fit, who their friends are...What's funny is they actually live really close, so they've been able to see where each other lives, meet roomates, and get the feel for them. You can tell a lot about someone by where they live and that's important. Hopefully someday I'll get to meet the little gem she calls her beau haha (Girl you know you best not be calling him that!!)
I'm just so happy for her and what sounds like a truly amazing fit for her and what she needs/deserves. BUT he still has to pass my test! SO BEWARE NEW GUY!....beware!

Comments